Consideration and approval of application for enforcement of measures for protection of intellectual property rights
If you are holder of intellectual property rights, you can apply for enforcement of measures for protection of the rights.
The customs authorities have the right to detain any goods, which are suspected of infringing intellectual property rights, upon written application by the holder, or at their own initiative.
The applications may be national – for enforcing of measures on the territory of the country, and union – requesting the intervention of the customs authorities on the territory of one or more member states.
What do I need to prepare?
To use this service you need to file the following documents:
- Application (electronic or paper form);
- Documents proving the right of the applicant to file the application;
- Authorisation document – in case the application is filed through representative;
- Current certificate on the legal status of the objects of intellectual and/ or industrial property, for which the intervention of the customs authorities is requested.
* In case the application is not filed personally by you; you will need notarized power of attorney.
How to request the service?
1. Apply online
To request the service you must have qualified electronic signature and registration in the portal for electronic services of Customs Agency.
At the administrative service desk
You can file the application form personally, or through authorized person at the administration of National Customs Agency, Sofia 1202, 47 G.S. Rakovski St
Working time: from 09:00 am to 05:30 pm – on work days, without intermission
How to get the results?
You will receive the service result as follows:
- electronically – at your email or through the portal for electronic services of Customs Agency;
- at the National Customs Agency;
- through postal courier services, to your correspondence address;
- through postal courier services, to other address;
Fees, terms and conditions
Term: 30 days.
Fee: The service is free of charge.